Club Purpose – The primary purpose of the SBMCG is to encourage, promote and advance the game of golf, to enforce uniformity in the rules of the game of golf, to establish a uniform handicap system for its members, to arrange dates and places for and to conduct tournaments.
Membership – Any male person who is interested in the promotion of these purposes may be a member. (Boys under 18 years of age must provide a release of liability form signed by a parent or legal guardian.)
Benefits of Membership:
Preferred tournament tee-times for at least two regular Club tournaments each month.
Membership in the Southern California Golf Association, a division of the USGA
Official USGA-sanctioned Handicap Index issued by the Southern California Golf Association and updated twice monthly
Invitation to participate in all of the Club's special events, including:
- The annual 2-day Club Championship
- The President's Cup (double elimination match play tournament)
- Two Free Membership Lunches following tournaments in March and July
- The Thanksgiving Turkeyshoot Tournament.
- The Annual End-of-the-Year Installation Luncheon (free for all members) held in in conjunction with the Turkeyshoot.
- Occasional Saturday and late afternoon tournaments
- Summer mid-week late afternoon Horse Races
Affordable access to Premier/Private Southland courses
Tournament playing opportunities across the Southland for all skill levels
Rules of golf education and support
Subscription to SCGA's FORE magazine
$15.00 Roger Dunn/The Golf Mart gift card
Cost of Membership:
For an adult member – $100.00
For juniors under 18 – $45.00
To Join the Santa Barbara Men's Golf Club, CLICK HERE